Sunday, July 02, 2006

Great Suckage at the WO so Far

The first Three rounds ( friday night and Saturday) left me with a point and a half. First round I had a won position which was up materially and I managed to squander that away with a bad calculation that over looked an inbetween move. After generously giving up my material advantage, I mananage to snatch a draw out of the jaws of victory.

Second round wasn't much better. I had a good game and played probably the next to the top seed in the section...BUT... time trouble came and I dropped a rook rather than simplify... I would have done better to simplify.

Third round I CRUSHED my oponent. The fourth round had me scrambling and catching up while losing pawns left and right. I went into the endgame down a piece. I did hold my ground and got the material back only to lose to an extra pawn... but a point lost is still a point lost.

Fifth round coming and I am trying to get my game back up. 4 down and 5 to go still only 1.5 points.

Man I suck!
Later.

No comments: