Wednesday, October 25, 2006

My debut with 1.e4...


The transition from the familiar positional 1.d4 to the more tactically prone 1.e4 was very much like crossing over to the DARK side. So far this month, I've played white only 4 times with 1.e4.

I've been playing up a section at the club ( the Open section) and had the "Honor" to lose to a 2460 FM...it was a nice "lesson". I went to a weekend tournament and played in the U2100 and finished with 2 points despite being at the bottom of the section. One of those wins was with white 1.e4.

I faced a couple Caro-Kanns, one opportunity to play the Skotch Gambit and a Modern defense. So far I have only one win against a 4....Nf6 Caro-Kann. The other CK I lost because I was getting too agressive ( still playing cowboy moves) . Since the Caro-Kann is like forcing white to play positionally with a d4 game, I still am out trying to evaluate the move.

In the game I played the Skotch Gambit, I definitely had a lot of potential but I misplayed the opening. This was encouraging as I played against a strong ...er...kid. ( I may post the games at a later point but I need to revisit how to do this as the java applet I used to use is a BEAR to work with in this blog).

I'm anxious to attempt my 2.c4 silly sicilian game. I am also working on a response the Pirc, modern andAlekhine.

5 comments:

Zweiblumen said...

So were you at the tournament in Marlborough this past weekend? I was there as well, though I played in the U1300 section...

BlunderProne said...

Yes, I was there. George Duval is my alias... or is it the otherway around?

Anonymous said...

I play with black 1.d4 Nf6 2.Nf3 e6 3.c4 Ne4 !? thus transposing to the Dutch defence with f5. So I keep the options open for the Budapest (the Fajarowitcz variation, to be precise)

Anonymous said...

Hi there!

I’m trying to solve some problems with my new template and wondered if you could help me out. Could you please check out my blog and see if the layout is as it is supposed to, that is with the title “Samurai Chess” at the top of the page.

It seems that people with Internet Explorer 6.0 or older has problems viewing the page correctly, namely some problems with the scrolling function which puts the title and posts further down on the page.. Some have updated their IE to the new 7.0 which seems to have worked out fine. Please get back to me if you experience any problems.

Thanks!

Sincerely

/Chris aka Samuraipawn

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the feedback! I also added you to Knights Victorious. Even gave you the top placement. ;)

/Chris