Sunday, February 01, 2015

Recent game where I used the Advanced D-pawn chain ( as Black)

Just a quick post showing a recent game were I played an advanced d-pawn chain as black with a PLAN! The issue is that I faced an “Anti-caro-kann”  set up twice in the same day. The first one I mainly went for the advanced d-pawn setup and had a clear plan.   The game is below.



My next post I will look at my losses and one with a similar Anti-CK  but how oddly it was that played the wrong moves and didn’t even consider the moves I played 2 rounds earlier.  A friends commented that despite knowing openings, middlegames, endgames, tactics and positional strategies, if your performance is off, none of that matters. I’ll explore this in more depth on my next post.  

1 comment:

Tomasz said...

"A friends commented that despite knowing openings, middlegames, endgames, tactics and positional strategies, if your performance is off, none of that matters".

Without a doubt! I confirm this and agree completely. If you did not sleep much, you are sick, stressed and feel some pain or facing serious problems... you are going to lose against most of your opponents. Most people are not aware that being in a good shape is A LOT MORE important that having a broad knowledge about the variations, openings or novelties. I am looking forward to your post related to this problem.

BTW. I am reading your blog, but rarely comment as most people say what I want and/or I am too weak to say anything important. Anyway thank you for running this blog!